Players love it when they have a benchmark they can aim for, especially from their favorite NBA players. Great coaches that have had the privilege of coaching NBA players can motivate teams by sharing how professional players do on that drill.
For example, how many shots do top players make a day?
- Steph Curry – 500 off season. 200-350 in season.
- Kyle Korver – 150 game shots.
- Steve Novak – 300 made shots every day.
- Buddy Hield – 300 – 500 made shots every day.
- Tyler Harvey – 350 – 400 made shots every day.
“It’s not a ridiculous number. I count makes, so in the summer, I make 500. During the season, depending on what portion of the schedule we’re going through, I make 200 to 350. And whatever goal I set before the workout is the goal. I won’t shortcut it.” – Steph Curry
Enter the Steph Curry drill. Steph Curry makes it look easy but none of the top guards at this camp could get by the 2nd station. Continue reading “Steph Curry and Klay Thompson shooting game” »