I’m doing this special post because I’m getting alot of emails about how to share plays. In this post, I’m going to cover a few things related to our basketball coach’s clipboard which allows you to draw plays and drills for FREE. Yes, it’s free and you can even animate the plays like the ones on this blog!
- How can I create videos on my PC?
Sorry, you can only create videos and GIF’s using a Mac.
2. How do I share an entire playbook?
We use to have that feature but we’ve since removed it. For now, you’ll need to share videos 1 by 1.
In this post, we’ll cover
- How to draw black and white play diagrams for printing
- How to create a VIDEO of your animated plays and then send it to your team
- How to create animted GIF’s like the ones on this blog
How to draw black and white play diagrams
If you’re looking for a free app to draw your plays and print them out, we’ve just added a black and white court image to our iPad basketball coach’s clipboard. This is iPad only for now. To get the new court:
- Update your app to the latest version
- Go to settings
- Turn off simple mode
- Go to NEW PLAY
- Click on COURT
- Swipe right and you should see the black and white court
- Draw you play/drill
- Go to SHARE
- Click SAVE IMAGE and this will save the play to your photo library
- Once you’ve finished drawing up all your plays, connect your iPad to a Mac.
- Open IMAGE CAPTURE
- Import all the plays you’ve created
- Add it to your Word/Pages or whatever you use to create documents
Video on how to import all your play diagrams onto your Mac
How to create videos of your plays/drills for sharing
In the video below, I’ll show you how to create videos of your plays and do a voice over so you can upload to youtube and share with your team.
- Connect iPad to Mac using cable
- Open Quicktime
- Select NEW RECORDING
- Select iPad as input
- You should see the iPad screen on your Mac
- Click record and start moving your players. You can also speak while recording.
- When done, press the red button
- Save file
- Upload to youtube and share
How to create animated GIF’s for free
GIF’s are great because you don’t need to click on them to play it. It’ll auto play like the ones you see on this blog. It also looks great on twitter.
- On your Mac, go to “App store”
- Search for Gif brewery or click this link.
- Open the videos of the plays you created using gif brewery. Export as gif!
Instead of paying upwards of $99 for other products that can’t even animate, you can download our iPad app and create plays for free. I guarantee your players prefer the animated version. Give it a go if you haven’t already tried it!
- Wade and Duncan bank shot drills +20% more accurate - October 1, 2017
- Steph Curry and Klay Thompson shooting game - September 17, 2017
- 5 Geno Auriemma UConn Drills - August 27, 2017